With a New Year – comes a slew of “new” resolutions, most of which involve losing weight and saving money! This year at Drain-FX we would like to challenge you to change those priorities slightly. How about this year we vow to not only save money, but also to save the earth, by leaving less of a carbon footprint on the planet?
Making the world a greener place has always been a top priority for us at Drain-FX. Try using the 5 tips below which will help you to “greenify” your life in 2014 and save you money in the process.
1. Use Drain-FX: Prevent thousands of gallons of toxic chemicals from being flushed into the eco system every year by simply using Drain-FX on clogged drains. Drain-FX eliminates the need for a plumber when a clog is the issue. That is because Drain-FX relies solely on the power of water to unclog drains and thus prevents harmful toxins from entering into the environment which makes it ultra-eco friendly. Using Drain-FX saves you money by avoiding an expensive visit from the plumber.
2. Recycle, Reuse, Renew: Most of us are familiar with the 3 R’s, which are all great ways to reduce the amount of waste generated and thrown away every year. Make sure there is a special and designated recycle receptacle in your house and use it! Avoid those handy disposables such as paper or plastic goods and reuse durable ones instead. Also make sure to sell or give away old clothes, furniture or other items you no longer need. Remember one man’s trash is another man’s treasure!
3. Buy Local, Buy Organic: Check out your local farmers’ market because buying local produce cuts down on fuel used to transport food/ goods. Buyingorganic is not only better for your personal health, but it is also better for the planet, since it eliminates the harmful chemicals being used to manufacture those products.
4. Carpool: Carpooling is a great way to save money and that is not the only perk of this green tip either. By simply adding even one or two more passengers to your daily commute you are not only reducing air pollution, but you are likely saving yourself time by being able to take advantage of carpool lanes. You are reducing the amount of traffic congestion on your route.
5. Use less/ Save More: The concept is simple, but so many times we forget to unplug or turn off items we are not using or do not make wise decisions when using electricity. Make sure you have CFL bulbs installed in all light fixtures as they use 75% less energy. Try using fans instead of air conditioners when possible which also uses 80% less energy. When we use energy more efficiently, we do not just save energy. We are also saving money and helping the environment~